Saturday, February 25, 2017

Yellow Bird


There's nothing like a good CAS (clean and simple) card and I do so very much enjoy making them. There's something about creating a beautiful card without many layers, patterns or elements. Lucky for me, A Blog Named Hero' February Challenge is CAS.


I started my card by heat embossing in white onto yellow cardstock the outline bird image from Color Layering Dimensional Bird.  I then lightly and simply colored parts in with Copics.


The bird rests on a white cardstock base with some inked clouds and a tree branch die cut from a Memory Box die. I stamped some leaves and added a sentiment from an old Hero Arts set. I finished the card by rounding one corner. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh this jumped right out at me from the Blogger Dashboard, Karen! What a beautiful card for spring! I have long had my eye on this HA bird stamp, but still haven't brought it home with me......your card moved me one step closer! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous! The yellows are exquisite! Why don't I have this set? Oh, I know why, but still! :)

    Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft sky in the background, this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! That bird... <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of our lovely goldfinch! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow bird! This is so lovely, Karen!

    ReplyDelete