Sunday, February 26, 2017

Spring Tulips


For a week, we had really, really nice weather-the tulips and daffodil bulbs were just starting to peek out from the ground- and then boom, close to ten inches of snow fell this weekend. I saw the inspiration photo for the February Altenew Challenge and decided to bring some spring weather back into my life.


I stamped with distress ink the stems and bulbs from the outline stamps Altenew's Tulip Stamp Set based on the colors from the inspiration picture and then filled in with watercolor the images and background. 


I then added some ink splatters and a sentiment banner and adhered the image to a card base bordered with a fuschia cardstock strip.

10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Karen. Looks like a piece of art that belongs on my walls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tulips and I love that bit of splatter! You got more snow than we did. We got about half of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacular Karen! So fresh and full of spring, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! I LOVE this! Tulips are my fave spring flower... We had snow here this weekend too! I'm not too sad- lots of new snow in the mountains for skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing card..it is like a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, congrats on (another) win over Altenew! Love your interpretation and design! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete