Monday, February 20, 2017

Create Together

** Please scroll down or click here for my LID:: February 2017:: Day 1 post**


I have the honor to participate in a Create Together post with the very talented Marcie Sharp from Sharp Designs: Cardmaking in the Country. Each and every one of her creations is so unique and inspiring, a truly talented cardmaker she is. Marcie chose the below inspiration picture for us to be inspired by. I loved the gorgeous, bright, loose watercolor blooms in this picture accented with the bold black!


I also wanted to create another project for Winnie & Walter's Third Birthday Bash so I worked with Shay's Challenge of Threes. I started by heat embossing three tulip flower tops and and stems from Addie's Garden onto watercolor paper, then loosely used shades of red, yellow and green watercolor to color them in. I finished with a black and white striped border.

(I have to mention that I did have detail shots and a way better focal picture for today, however, they were saved onto my main computer...the same computer who's power cord decided to fail and now I can't access my files until a new one arrives. I'll be updating my post with the original photographs when I have access again, in the meantime, thank you for looking!)

Please stop by Sharp Design to see Marcie's take on the beautiful inspiration picture!

9 comments:

  1. Karen this is gorgeous!! I love that we were both inspired by the same elements of the picture but still have unique creations! Thank you so much for creating with me. Let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is a stunner! I love your watercoloring and perfect little splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen! Beautiful coloring and I like the striped border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the colors and the awesome stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine it looking any more beautiful. I'm sorry for the computer troubles...always so frustrating. Hope your cord arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...so irritating to have computer problems! I love, love, love your card! so happy to see you and Marcie creating together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous!!! I love your card - it has such a 'happy' feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these tulips and the simple font of the sentiment is such a nice balance!

    ReplyDelete