Sunday, November 13, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations:: Surprise Sweetie


What a delight to be participating in the really fun Cupcake Inspiration Challenge again, this time as a Surprise Sweetie!


This week there is a really rich and regal cupcake to be inspired by! Aren't the colors gorgeous?
...midnight, gold and turquoise.


My creation started with a watercolor wash of turquoise paint onto watercolor paper. I then stamped in midnight ink flowers, leaves and a fun sentiment from Lil' Inker Design's Doodled Daisies Stamp Set. I then splattered the panel with some gold ink and added some gold Nuvo Drops to the centers of each flowers. I mounted the panel onto gold cardstock and then onto a white card base.



I hope you have a chance to play along this week. Serendipity Stamps is the sponsor!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card this is! I'm so glad you joined us as this week's Surprise Sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Love your gorgeous card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! So glad you are this week's surprise sweetie at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card. Your use of the color scheme from our challenge is just perfect. Thank you so much for coming out and being our Surprise Sweetie this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is breathtaking! (Literally, it made me gasp!) I love the little gold dots on the pretty flowers, and the watercolored turquoise is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for being our surprise sweetie this week! I hope to see more of your beautiful work over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and I love the dimension those gold Nuvo Drops add to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete