Saturday, November 19, 2016

Color Burst Blooms


Trying out a new product, Color Bursts, and they are fun...and challenging at the same time! I was happy to get out of my comfort zone of the clean lines and controlled coloring to try these little powders out. 

I was inspired by the colors of the Altenew November Inspiration Challenge for my Color Burst Blooms.


I started by applying the powder to slightly wet cardstock and then after they dried, stamped the beautiful bloom from Majestic Blooms in a fuschia shade a number of times. I then die cut the blooms and onto a clean white cardbase, stamped the leaves in a teal shade and added the blooms.


I adhered the panel onto a white base that had a strip of teal and fushia affixed to the right side. I finished the card with a die cut sentiment.  


12 comments:

  1. What gorgeoues colours you have used, I adore Altenew stamps and this set is divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous, Karen!
    Loving the use of the color burst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the bright, cheery colors Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love my colorbursts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! Love that you used the color bursts to give that great pop of color and yet kept them from overpowering the design. Thanks for joining in with the Altenew Inspiration Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen! What an awesome way to use these colors! And so smart to include black in your design to balance out the sentiment. I often only have black in the sentiment but I really love how balanced your overall card is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rocks, Karen! I love how used the CBs on only small parts of the flowers - it's a gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of the colors Karen, this is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Karen, the colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of Color Burst! Perfectly inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello gorgeous!!! I agree on the fun and challenging too- your result is stunning and so perfect for the challenge...

    ReplyDelete