Sunday, September 18, 2016

Metallics


Precious metals are something that I don't reach for often when crafting, however, the Winnie & Walter Gossip Column #5 spoke to me as a true challenge. I recently acquired some foil and a laminator so I was able to sit down and play.

I started by painting some Minc Reactive Paint onto cream cardstock. I then topped it with Gold, Silver and Rose Gold Foil and ran it through my laminator. (This Minc Paint is kinda crazy, the first part being that it has "this can cause cancer warning" and the second, was pretty liquidy so it got everywhere. Then it dries super sticky, so it was difficult to pick up the mess! I can overlook this though, because wow, was it ever cool when you foil it!) I inked the edges of the panel and mounted it to a cream cardstock base.


I finished the card with some sentiment panels from Winnie & Walter's The Big, Bold and Extras Stamp Set as well as some gold sequins and Nuvo Gloss Drops in Ebony Black. Not my usual kind of card, but so glad that I created it and I think I can use it for gals or guys, and for many occasions.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe not your usual kind of card but it's definitely your usual level of awesome! I love it! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, Karen, this is uber COOL, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! I love your fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY cool and unique!! Love the metallic design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing and so artistic, Karen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an adventure but such cool results!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! So happy I decided to pop over from the challenge link-up page. The thumbnail is simply too small to show the card in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot tell you how much I love this card. It is simply *stunning*. Just blown away by the combining of the foils, the perfect mix of grunge and class, and just, well, everything! And to think, this is outside your comfort zone!!

    Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete