Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Feathers & Chevron


“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
~Emily Dickinson


The inspiration picture of floating patterned feathers at The Pinterest Inspired March Challenge was just to amazing to pass up being inspired by it. I started my card by embossing an aqua panel with chevrons then adhered it to a white card base. I then stamped some feathers onto two shades of pink paper and die cut them. I tied them together with the colored part of some aqua baker's twine. I then stamped a sentiment onto a white die cut banner and then arranged these two items onto the card. I finished with some darker aqua enamel dots.


 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wouldn't have thought of the chevrons - but there they are! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty, Karen! I love the texture you added to the background! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those feathers.. such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you pulled the colors from the pic. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Karen, the textured background is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This combo makes me swoon! So pretty- love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Karen, I have recently bought a couple of embossing folders again and am feeling 're' inspired, thanks again for your assistance here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spot on Karen!
    Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous card. Love the enamel dots and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and has such a tranquil feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clean and simple style of your card! And the embossed background adds just the extra little something something.!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Pinterest Inspired!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete