Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bold Wishes

**Please scroll down if you are looking for my May Arts Ribbon Organization post**


Are you as enamored with April's CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Release as I am? I was in a stamping funk for the longest time and it was so fun to pull out my inks, papers and these stamps and get crafty again. Today marks the last day of sneak peeks, with Bold Wishes.


I went big and bold with this card for sure! I had in mind to create some birthday candles to feature on a masculine birthday card. I started by stamping the set of lines from WTF as the candles and added some "flames", which are really the fun graphic shape included in this set. I used a bit of marker to add dimension to the flames and finished them with some glitter. To balance the candles, I stamped one of the fun sentiments from this set, rounded a corner and attached it to a black card base.

Please check out the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog for more cards featuring Bold Wishes, and to find out how you can win this awesome set...Tomorrow is the day where the sets will be revealed in their entirety and prizes announced.

20 comments:

  1. So cool! I love the way you made the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so clever! Awesome card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is simple and elegant with a BIG impact :). I love your ribbon organization idea, Karen. Another way is to screw two wood curtain rod holders to a wall and then take a large wooden dowel or curtain rod and slip the ribbon rolls onto it. As a plus, you just unroll the ribbon as needed. This would work with cording as well. Enjoy Spring,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the big bold sentiment and the DIY candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen that image makes the PERFECT flame on your candle!! So stinkin' creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen! I LOVE that huge sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful CAS Card...its indeed bold & beautifuL!!! You are simply Amazing!... hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOLD and BEAUTIFUL!! Perfect take with the Bold Wish!! Love it, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your candles are so super clever and fun!!!! SOOOO glad to see you're creating and posting again, Karen!!! I've missed you, my bloggy friend!!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Karen! The big sentiment looks awesome in black against the colored stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool to use those stamps for the candle light! LOVE this card, the colors, the design, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an awesomely clever design Karen!! They really do look like candles and I love the bold colours you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so awesome! i love how that blue just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! What striking colors against the black and white background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is genius and those candle flames look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love this Karen! Just perfectly balanced and bright!!

    ReplyDelete