Thursday, November 15, 2012

Soda, Pop or Cola?


I think I mentioned before that my grandfather used to have an authentic soda pop machine in his garage and the highlight of going to their house was when he gave each of us a dime and we got to choose our flavor: orange or rootbeer. Nothing was as good as opening the bottle with the little opener right on the machine and taking a swig out of the glass bottle.


I'm back today with a card created with the fun Fresh Squeezed Stamps Soda-lighted sett that brings back so many memories. My card features stamping onto the back of the soda bottle with a colored ink and then coming back to stamp with a black ink the correct side of the stamp. I added the fun bubbles in respective inks, the label and the sentiment. The card is finished with a single strand of black floss tied in a bow.


It's been fun to guest design for Fresh Squeezed Stamps for the month of November, along with the talented designers Chari Moss, Arielle Gordon and Lynn Put. Fresh Squeezed Stamps and I have a few more posts scheduled for the month. Please stop on over to the Fresh Squeezed Blog for more information about this super fun set and pop on by their Facebook Page and say hello to Fresh Squeezed Stamps on their Twitter Page too!

23 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful memory Karen. I am a pop girl :) I love your fabulous colors on this card.

    And now...I need a red cream soda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you share your stories...so fun and your card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say...It's FABULOUS! Delicious colors...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you did the pop! Great card and story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful card, Karen! Love the bubbles inside the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe this is so fun.. I say Soda... I love how you added the bubblies in the soda.. so creative and fun..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice memory and your card is sodalightful! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen I love your story and remember those machines well. You are right nothing like using the bottle opener. Love today's card, the bubbles are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so super cute! Love the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i remember those machines and your right they were the best tasting sodas :) i remember penny candy also! lol
    love how you stamped to create the soda color :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a FUN set of stamps and your design is PERFECT! I'm pinning it(yet another one)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice story you shared here Karen!!! Loving the sodas card!!! Beautiful colors... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you have the bubbles... fun card (and this comes from the girl who doesn't drink soda).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the fizzy bubbles in your soda pop! When my hubs was in the USAF we were stationed in Florida. No matter what it was, pepsi, rootbeer, orange they all called everything Coke! Go figure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply delightful! I love the way you colored outside the bottles! Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card!! I remember bottled soda and those machines!...And just so you know, I am a SODA girl! :) I will admit, when people say "pop", I have to think about it for a minute...I don't hear it much! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is soooo fun, Karen! I love the bubbles from the soda! It's absolutely bubble-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun- and what a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love how you stamped the "soda!" so clever! and thanks for sharing the sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Karen, awesome card....that sentiment is so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Color me envious for the soda fountain! How cool is that? I think we all wish we could go "back in time" to experience things like that.

    I picked up "soda" while living in WI and never dropped it here in "pop" land in Colorado. I like soda much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these stamps and the way you have used them, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete