Monday, November 12, 2012

Noel

***If you are looking for The Craft's Meow Holiday Hop post, please click here***


"The first Noel, the Angels did say / Was to certain poor shephers in fields as they lay / In fields where they lay keeping their sheep / on a cold winter's night that was so deep. / Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel / Born is the Kind of Isreal."

I know there are many versions of this powerful, beautiful holiday song, but this is the version that I belt out along with other brave and tone deaf people at church on Christmas. It is one of the few I know, and I'll admit it, I only know this first verse. (I then continue to just hum-we rely on the good singers to make it the rest of the way!)


Welcome to the second day of Lil' Inker Designs! November Blog Hop, featuring super great releases from the Sugar Kissed Cottage Line as well as fabulous, signature dies and corresponding stamp sets from Lil' Inker Designs. You should have arrived from Isha's Blog. You can start at the beginning of the hop, at Laura's Blog to find all the details.

Today I've got two releases to share with you today. First up is the sweet mini bow die and the Instant Camera: Christmas Stamp Set.


I created a little gift card hold, fancy and sophisticated with a vellum pocket secured with some foil holiday paper and black clip. But first, I stamped and embossed Noel with gold for the extra touch of elegance. (Emily created a great graphic to show the size difference of the three bow dies now offered by Lil' Inker Designs. I think you'll find that this mini bow is a must have!)


Next, I created a sweet tag featuring No Peeking from the Sugar Kissed Cottage Line. I colored the image with a set of very light, washed out holiday colors, inked the edges and die cut the image. It was adhered to a shimmery pink base and tied with lucious May Arts Cream Silk Ribbon.


Your next stop is Laura! And remember...there are secret prizes along the hop so leave a comment on each stop to better your chance of winning!



43 comments:

  1. You found the black mini clothespin!!! Great projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen..Noel card is just stunning!! Love that new mini bow die!
    The tag is so pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects is simply beautiful,tfs!
    Hugs,
    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coloring and bow on the second...and the first one speaks for itself...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that bow is paper? just lovely and I see you found your black clip! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophisticated AND sweet--Lil' Inker can do it all...
    Thanks for reminding me about the great music at Christmas...looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Karen!! Love them both! And you crack me up....tone deaf people. lol I will admit. I fit in that group, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cute vintage scene on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your tags are awesome, and I really love the mini bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ваша открытка очень лаконична и отвечает вашей профессии - вы ведь графический дизайнер и знаете что-то такое , что нам ещё предстоит узнать !!!
    Все гениальное просто !

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that translucent quality in the first card!!! Such a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, humming works! At least you know one verse...better than knowing none! Besides, it's the fact that you are taking part that counts!

    You have done a beautiful job showcasing this sweet bow in such an elegant way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen the paper you chose for your min bow is so elegant--LOVE. Cute tag with such a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very elegant Noel card and the tag is really pretty with the image cut out with a die.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this fabulous tag and the image is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!! I especially love that tag in the soft and pretty colors!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so fabulous! And..I missed a few days, as I was out of town and you have been ROCKING! LOVE your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the clean lines with these newbies - just gorgeous, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant gift card holder and sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That card is just gorgeous! I love the scripty Noel and the clothespin!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to laugh at the singing in church reference ~ don't we ALL do this with songs we know!! Beautiful CAS card Karen and the sweet vintage look of your tag is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I also had to chuckle about the singing. I'm the singer that sings the "sound alike" words. I can't believe how many songs I grew up with and I "thought" the singer was singing one thing and I was totally off. My son who listens to the same music I grew up with, is often the one to point out what the singer is really saying.
    Karen, as always your card and project are phenomenal. Love that Noel card. It's so clean and ELEGANT. You make the best elegant cards! Love the tag too. It reminds me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! such a beautiful card! I love your style and have become a new bloggie friend and excited to see what you create next!! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty! I just love the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  25. both so beautiful i love what you did with the bow die

    ReplyDelete
  26. So it's not just me who hums along to many holiday songs then?! LOL!
    Beautifully CAS and I'm so glad you found that black peg you were looking for! ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE both cards.... Such an inspiration!!! Now I feel like creating Christmas cards!!!...you got me kickin!!!... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both your tags, Karen! The ribbon on the second one is to-die-for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your inspirational pieces they are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your work ,truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous ,elegant card! Love the Noel......sing it out loud!
    Beautiful tag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. your talent always blows my mind girl :) beautiful items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous Karen! I especially love that sweet retro image, your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Elegance and sweetness all in one post! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow! really like the clean and elegant look of the first tag and the second one is soooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow!! I love the beautiful white tag and the nostalgic feeling of the second. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So beautiful! Both projects are gorgeous!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  39. You found the black clothespin! :)
    This is gorgeous- that die looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete