Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tomorrow a Hangover?

**For my Lawnscaping Fall Blog Hop card, please click here.**

I had every intention of creating away yesterday, for World Card Making Day, but I spent much of my free time visiting blogs and getting inspiration! I woke up this morning to a quiet house and read the blog of one of my good crafty friends, Erin. She had posted a parade of great cards for WCMD challenges and I got inspired! That's the best thin about this industry, right? I never thought some of my dearest friends would live on the opposite coast as I do and to be inspired by their work! So while Erin's nursing her crafty hangover today, I'm sure I'll be nursing my own tomorrow at work...


i {heart} papers is one my most favorite on-line stores for crafting supplies. They have excellent customer service and speedy shipping.
I chose to participate in the color challenge. I purchased a few sheets of their wool felt and used it with an intricate die cut on my card today. This felt is such high quality that I had no problems with the bird fraying or looking freaky. The sentiment is from In Bloom from The Craft's Meow.

******

Next up is a one layer card (that is also pink!), for the WCMD Paper Smooches Challenge! I stamped one of the cute bug images from Giddy Bugs and a sentiment from Sentiment Sampler. The bug was colored with Copics and its wings with Stickles. If you haven't figured it out, I'm on this kick to add freckles to every cute image I stamp, so freckles were added with white Enamel Accents. I'm sending this card to sweet little Addison, who could use some hugs for the next couple of months. You can read about the card drive for her here, or click on the image in my sidebar.

******
 
Last but not least is an image inspired by Chari's Pinterest Inspiration Challenge for Ellen Hutson's Celebrations for WCMD. Chari is a crazy talented crafter that I met online after I read that she went to the same design college as I did!

I chose to replicate the kraft base and white, bold vines, with flowers shaded in purple. The flower came from Beautiful Spring from The Craft's Meow, the sentiment from Lovely Labels 14 from The Craft's Meow, and the vines from Wplus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes.

Now, it is time to clean up this grand mess that I made and prepare for another long day at work tomorrow! Thanks for taking the time to look at my cards!

33 comments:

  1. Open mouth... watch drool puddle... that last card is truly a piece of work, wow. Love the felt and the cuttie freckles, will have to keep that trick in mind. And considering one of my virtual friends just materialized in real life, you never know.... glad I could inspire you... wish I could say I was drinking a bloody mary to cure my hangover (laughing), but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you see my mouth wide open gasping at your cards? And...I was gasping before I got to the last one and then I think a "holy crap" may have just escaped from my mouth! All three are beautiful...but oh my word...the last one is beyond AMAZING! It is definitely worth the hangover :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and love the colors of the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my word, Karen - I adore these cards! That first one with the gorgeous paper is so perfect for a sympathy card - love the felt bird! Your bug is the CUTEST - love all that dark pink! And what a beauty your last card is! Stunning flowers! Hope your day at work tomorrow at least goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, wow...check you out all crafty and everything:) I love everything especially the last one...that one is WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where to begin Karen!!??!! I am completely smitten with the little felt bird, the bug with the tiny white freckles is too cute and those gorgeous flowers on your last card are simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all wonderful, but that last card has my mouth hanging open. Totally stunning! It's so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! I looooove the felt bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. felt bird: love the texture! Card for my Addiegirl: CUTENESS, loving the freckles and it is PINK! She'll love it! The last card : GORGEOUS! You got your craft on, that is for sure. You ROCK, Karen Baker! (;

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I think you're gonna have a crafting hangover for sure after whipping up these beauties! The stamping and shading on the final card leaves me speechless!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That felt bird is wonderful on your card. I just love how it sits on that branch. Your Pinterest challenge card knocked my socks off! Wow, you really did a wonderful job of using that challenge photo for inspiration. It's just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More fabulousness! love love love that little felt bird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. eeek! Karen, each of these is terrifically trendy, whimsically sweet and utterly gorgeous. Addison will LOVE her card! I LOVE the pink on pink huggy bug :D That last card just became my favorite card you've ever made...truly a stunning piece of art. Love these so very much...

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are all gorgeous...I just love what you do with birds on your cards...always so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are terrific! Love the "crafty hangover" idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That was a treat! That last card is just jaw dropping gorgeous! Gorgeous stamping and coloring! Love the freckles on the second and the bird on the first is divine cut out of felt! This weekend was a lot of fun but I can certainly see how the crafty hangover might come into play tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your last card is a-mazing and the first is adorable! I love the giddy-bug set.....well I just totally adore PS period! And your first card is so peaceful and serene! Is that totally strange I commented backwards? All amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, ALL of your cards are fabulous! I especially love your first card with the golden bird, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look @ you huh... love them all Karen.... but my fave is the birdie!!! Loving it.... TFS... you awesome!!! hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so beautiful Karen. I think the first is my favourite - that little felt bird is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK - card #3 is a work of art!!!!!!!!
    Love you to added the touches of purple!

    Freckles are a perfect addition to card #2 (and thanks for posting about Addison - I'm sending out cards tomorrow)

    And - yes - that felt is perfect on card#1!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, three fabulous yet different cards. I love everyone of them. That sweet felt bird on the first one, the freckles on the cute little pink guy and lastly that beautiful kraft base with those flowers. Way to rock World Card Making Day. No wonder you have a crafty headache.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!! I don't have words - I'm so impressed that you do both cute , colorful and sweet AND super beautiful soft cards so perfectly!
    Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! What a gorgeous trio of cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Busy lady!! That little felt bird is so lovely on your sympathy card and that bright pink giddy bug would put a smile on anyone's face. (Am I right in thinking it might go to Addison?)

    Your third card is a total showstopper. Your colouring is stunning and I love the white leaves in the background. Looks like a super successful WCMD to me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for playing Karen! Love your little felt bird!

    ReplyDelete
  27. way to rock the cards girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously beautiful cards. Each one is so different and unique but still make me gasp in delight. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you are amazing, Karen!!! i adore all three of them! love the intricate bird and branch on the first one and fabulous coloring on PINK on the second card and the coloring on the third card is out of this world!!! you are an inspiration, girl!! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How do you do it? Completely different styles and yet each one is perfectly executed. Thanks for the wow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh. my. Each of these is so special Karen. I love the felt bird, freckled bug and mystical flowers~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow,Karen. All your cards look beautiful, especially love the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE that first card! And that bird is SO cute! Adorable :) The 2nd card is sooo cute too! And I love the color on the 3rd card! It is gorgeous! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete