Just a few clean and simple baby thank you cards I've made for the upcoming arrival of Baby Dot (no, he's not mine, but my sister's!). I gained inspiration for the layouts based on Tiff's Sketch here (instead of the three dots, I used made the whole background polka dots), and used all sorts of twine from different manufacturers for added interest, and because the Wee Memories Challenge reminded me to pull some out of my stash and actually use some!
The left side is the bright palette (brighter paper and brighter twine), the right side a bit more subdued.
I've also the pleasure of being honored with the Stylish Blogger Reward by both Julie E. (she's a sweetie and does the upmost fantastic things with handmade presentation items) and Lynnette (who makes fantastic cards and is an overall good cookie). Thank you ladies! I'm a rule breaker so I'm not going to follow all the rules but I think it is fun when I learn more about fellow bloggers, so here is a list of eight things you might not know about me...
1. I read most magazines from the last page to the first. Except for Papercrafts-then I page through first to see how many names I recognize.
2. "The boys" made me a pink spinner bait last night to go along with my birthday present of a pink fishing rod and reel last October. I'm really, seriously forward to packing a lunch for the four of us and catching some fish-that is, when the ice on the lakes melt. I don't do ice fishing.
3. I live in a house with one bathroom and no dishwasher or basement, but it is HOME and I'm so very grateful to have a roof over my head and two little and one big boy to share it with.
4. A few days back I read an article that babies born this year will not know what landline phones, DVDs, newspapers or printed maps really are. These children will miss out on some fun stuff, and, it makes me feel old.
5. I recently discovered delectable tastes of pomegranate and clementines...and saddened to discover that they are only available in Central Wisconsin (at a price I can afford) during the Christmas season.
6. Young Riders (the 1980's cowboy show featuring The Pony Express) is my new favorite TV show. It is not only a classic, but a great excuse to have a "Date Night" frequently and in our own home. Thank you Netflix.
7. Looking forward to seeing my son wrestle this weekend, hoping to see the joy on his face when they hand him a medal, and praying that he is strong enough to realize that winning isn't everything should he not receive one.
8. And lastly, been feeling in a crafty rut these past few days. I. need. to. escape. this. rut. I am also trying to expand my crafty ways, but keep coming back to clean and simple. Hope you don't get bored.