Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Those Big Brown Eyes


I'm thankful for those two sets of big, brown eyes, each belonging to individual boys with distinct personalities. I'm thankful for when those big, brown eyes look to me thinking that I can fix the world, or know all the answers. I'm thankful for when those big, brown eyes stop tearing up when I kiss them and tell them that their owies will be ok. I'm thankful for my two boys with those big brown eyes....

The Shabby Tea Room requested a mention what we are thankful for in our post with our entry. I used their photo as inspiration for colors and came across the focal image scrap while cleaning my craft closet. Not sure why it didn't make its way onto the intended card, but I'm happy with it now!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (White) Georgia Pacific (Green) CTMH

Patterned Paper: (Kioshi) Basic Grey
Stamps, clear: (Woodgrain Silhouette Additions, Funky Flowers) Wplus9
Ink: (Certainly Celery Pigment) SU, (Antique Linen Distress) Ranger
Embellishments: (Rustic Twine) PTI (Melon Grosgrain Ribbon) Offray

26 comments:

  1. Awww....to your story...:)

    A really classy card Karen! :)Love the soft subtle tones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those big brown eyes...that made my heart so happy...I have a few of those at my house. Gorgeous card as always too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Karen. Love the colors and the layout is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, the soft colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. I love your storys.

    Gorgeous card! Love the ribbon and hemp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a LOT to be grateful for...! :) This is a BEAUTIFUL focal image!!! And it looks so great with that paper- love your ribbon/string treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stamped image is so serene and soft. What a great match to the patterned paper and unique ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I have a set of those too! Beautiful focal image Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The soft greens of the flowers are so pretty - I love how this works with the background paper. Very nice!! Your introduction is so sweet - I feel much the same way about my DD's big blue eyes!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toujours un joli texte, même si le problème de la langue ne me permet pas toujours de tout comprendre.
    Une très belle carte toute en douceur.
    Belle journée à toi Karen !

    ReplyDelete
  11. simply beautiful. i love the colors you used for these flowers. so peaceful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the card and nice to see you use some pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!!

    Gotta love little boys....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Karen. It is so peaceful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely post, karen- i have 2 brown eyed boys, too, so i get it:)

    lovely card-esp. like the plaid with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful! I love this one! Simple and that ribbon tab adds the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Karen! Soft and lovely ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. a very graceful card! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love what you did with the inspiration photo! Your story about your boys is so sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful design and color scheme!
    TFS Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE you story!! That card is fabulous, that is a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful story about your boys! Love how soft and subtle your card is!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a pretty thank you card.

    and thank you for continuing to visit my blog even though i haven't been able to visit yours as often!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty pretty! Love the stamped flowers paired with a simple sentiment! That Kioshi paper is the perfect match for your flowers too..

    ReplyDelete