Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Round and Round

Round and round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows! Do you remember saying that when you were little? I do...as I spread out my arms and circled and circled until I fell down...

This week's CAS-Tastic Wednesday Challenge is to use circles! Any kind of circles! The featured sponsor is The Cutting Cafe, where you could win your choice of any three sets!

Why not do something different? I decided to pull out the acetate to make a fresh and funky Good Luck card. When someone graduates or starts a new job, there is no telling where you will stop or how far they will go! It was quite fun deciding the mechanics of the card-leaving a enough space for a handwritten note, covering your adhesive, etc.

So I invite you to stop on over to the CAS-Tastic Wednesday Challenge site, check out the other wonderful design samples from the design team and create a *new* CAS design of your own! We'd love to see it, and you could win one fantastic prize!
Angie
Deb
Maylee
Agata
Barbara
Bonnie Rose
Regina

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Basic Black, Taken with Teal (SU) White (Georgia Pacific) Acetate, Digital Images: (The Cutting Cafe) Other: Scallop Border Punch (Fiskars), White Gel Pen (Signo) Alphabet Rub-ons Beach Collection (Making Memories)

18 comments:

  1. Can I have this one? It's amazing!!! I opened the webpage and went "Oooh" right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh.. I love the acetate.. I need to try using some of that, did u get yours from PTI?? Where's a good source?? I love your card Karen.. especially the deep teal color.. bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the acetate.....great colors...the black and teal just PoP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is awesome-love it! I'm so excited to check out the challenge cuz I get to get inky today-yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation, Karen! Wonderful job with the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative, Karen! I love the modern feel of the colors and the circles are so effective and pretty in this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoWzA, Sistah! This is stunning! LOVE the color combination and the uber-cool acetate card base ... another fabulous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow...what a fantastic card...love the way you used the cafe set...hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your style!
    Simple yet quite original and bold!

    Greetings from the Windy City ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cool, Karen. I love the sentiment on acetate. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cool acetate card! love the design and colors! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the CAS queen!!! Love the acetate, the color combo, the layout---everything about this ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look!! The black on the acetate with the white backing is so crisp & the addition of the teal is fab! :)
    Congrats on winning CC8 from Kim H.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! Love this card!
    Those colors look amazing together!
    And I love the acetate! Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous, karen-really pops and i love the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. O Karen, this is soooo gorgeous! I need to go dust off my acetates now! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete