Thursday, April 29, 2010

To Everything



to everything, terns terns terns there is a season, terns terns terns
It's me, chuckling out loud to the description provided by bee things at their Etsy Store regarding the image that inspired me. I was drawn to the simplicity and graphic nature of the birds. I liked masculine feeling created by the contrast of black and white against the gray-with a touch of yellow. Perfect for a Masculine Thank You card for the Etsy Inspired Challenge. I was also inspired by Maile's card here-how she created a background pattern and chose to highlight the sentiment by stamping it on white. I kept embellishments to a minimum, using only some black twill and three staples for just a touch more masculinity.

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Marigold Morning (SU), Textured Grey (Bazill), White (Georgia Pacific) Stamps: Woodgrain Background (SU) Thank You (Heidi Grace-Clear Acrylic) Ink: Jet Black (Stazon) Embellishments: Black Twill (May Arts from Practicing Creativity Designs) Staples

23 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so CASE'ng this cool masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome... u rocked this one.. love it.. I hv some woodgrain fr wplus9.. will hv to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cool manly card! love the simplicity of it. very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Very cool, masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great masculine card! I absolutely loooooove the woodgrain pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I like the orange and black together without looking like a halloween card. Fantastic background stamp and great focus on your sentiment. I really like the staples too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card! And CONGRATS on winning the most recent challenge over at EBTKS!!!! You're on a roll, girlie!!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super simple, with a well placed statement. Who said awesome had to have 20 layers?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple yet so sophisticated! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the simple but stylish graphical impact of this card. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I love what you did with your inspiration! I am a huge fan of woodgrain. Love this CAS card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Karen, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHA! SO funny Karen...now I have that song in my head. Love your simple woodgrain card. The stamps are the perfect detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was meant to say: 'The STAPLES are the perfect detail." not "stamps" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I love the woodgrain and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you used the woodgrain stamp on this card. I have that one and have been hesitating to use it...now I'm inspired to break it out of it's box!

    ReplyDelete