Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Little Things


After the birth of my first baby, my mother stayed a while and cooked meals (as well as completing many other chores). Enough meals for what seemed like decades to come. I didn't think anything really of it at the time, I was preoccupied with a certain little someone that kept crying, pooping and well, doing baby stuff that I had no idea how to handle. After Mom left, it was those meals that I simply pulled out of the freezer and reheated that made everything well,...better. It's the little things that make life big.

This card is coming under the wire for the Play Date Cafe, which is to create something with black, white and a splash of orange. I'm happy that I tried out another alternative technique for this stamp and kept things clean and simple. Am I off my rocker when I say I think the "big" orange button balances the flowers and sentiment?

Supplies Used: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock, DSP (unknown, from a really long time ago) Wplus9 Woodgrain Silhouettes Clear Stamp Set, SU Happy Harmony Stamp Set, SU Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning and Really Rust Pigment Ink, Jet Black Stazon Ink, Black Journaling Pen from CM, May Arts Black Twill from Practicing Creativity Designs, Fiskars Corner Round Punch, Button from In the Loop, DMC Black Floss

18 comments:

  1. WOW..Beautiful card Karen..Loved it. The button and the colored images against the white background looks Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The button makes the card "pop"! I love the simple layout!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It totally balances it out! Great layout!!! and I love your use of white space. The orange really pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about it! You rocked it girl! xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You had to use a "big" button to compliment your sentiment. It soooo works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love that big button and agree ethat it balances everything...

    I remember when my kids were babies...someone told me to never turn down help, best advice ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful design with great balance and colors, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design! I like your thought about your mom and the simple things! Thanks for playing with us at PDCC again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was my honor to be able to help you out during that wonderful time in both of our lives. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not off your rocker girl! The button works really well; I also love the touch of b&w plaid on the top! What new stamping technique did you used? Did you colour those flowers with Copics?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! So modern and crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH--love that big button and the DP at the top! Great splash of color--thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, you're spot on, that button balances the flowers beautifully! The flowers are so gorgeous, thanks for choosing the play date colours to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, this is a beautiful card... love it... so beautiful.. wow! Love how bold it is... love the button!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely CAS, Karen! The little things are definitely what I cherish the most.. Thanks for playing with the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a lovely story .. and yes there is lots to cherish especially the little things !!! I just love your card design absolutely stunning work .. black and white with a touch of orange.....gorgeous...... hugs x

    ReplyDelete