Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite


Brr...It's cold outside again. Thanks to Mother Nature's trickery, we are bundled up inside tonight. Hoping for a good day when my boys and I can really fly a kite...By the way, can anyone ever get a kite to really fly? Is there a trick?
This card was created a while back specifically for a publication submission, but it must have been the outcast that day and much to my sadness, wasn't picked for the team. But I really like it none-the-less! I tried to include a lot of textures, like the embossed polka dot sky and the basket weave hills. I also stamped a pattern onto the kite, which was paper pieced. So, that's that. I've kept my head up and I'm trying again.

Supplies Used: SU! Kraft Cardstock, Recollections in Blue and Melon Cardstock, CTMH Topiary Cardstock, You're Dandy Stamp Set from Practicing Creativity Designs Colorbox Chalk Ink in French Blue, SU Groovy Guava Pigment Ink, Stazon Jet Black, Polka Dots, Backgrounds 1 and Basket Weave SU Embossing Plates, SU Chitchat in White, Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers

11 comments:

  1. Love all the yummy texture and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little details/textures that you put in this. love that little scallop edge on the right and the distressed green paper edges (for hills?), too! wow, i don't remember when was the last time i flew a kite... but yeah, they do fly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great with all the textures! We flew a tiny kite from the dollar store a couple of weeks ago- it was fun- so small the kids could just run & it would float up!! I have a 2 handled kite for flying at the beach (much more steady wind there)- and that flies fantastically!
    hope your little person is well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hand-torn paper with this design!FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très belle composition graphique dans cette carte !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I love this card! You obviously put a lot of thought into the details, and the one rounded corner is proof of that. It makes a huge impact, too (besides the texture and the paper-piecing and that red border on the right and the dimension and...). You never know what a publisher is looking for, so keep trying and it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's way cute! I love it! And I love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and so cute! Great job with all the texture and dimension. Can't wait to get my set. I really like the paper tearing for the grassy hills. Did you ever find your cloud stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your card it is adorable! The colors are perfect.Have a great night, please visit my blog too!

    I love style.. we are looking for featured card artists of the month please check out my blog to enter!!
    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen! Love your card and have also loved looking at the other projects on you blog. Glad I discovered your blog from your sweet comment on mine! Will definitely visit more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love the kite and embossing you did. :)

    ReplyDelete