Sunday, April 11, 2010

Glitter? Really.



The dirt. The frogs. The worms. The daredevil acts. I must have been blessed with two boys for a reason. And that is so I do not have the need to break out glitter often! However, every now and then, I conquer the fear of getting glitter everywhere (literally) to try a new technique or "just because".
Off the Wall Craftiness has an amazing array of colors, glitz and glam for her newest challenge and I decided to dust off the bottle of glitter and try my hand at ebmbellishing embellishments and stretch my color boundaries. I heat embossed in black the background and sentiment, added some black satin ribbon and topped it off with a layer of Prima Flowers. To add some glitz and glam, I glittered up a decorative and stick pin with silver glitter and attached them to the flowers along with a regular straight pin.


Supplies Used: Recollections Cardstock in Seafoam Green, For the Love of Dots and You're Dandy Clear Stamp Sets by Practicing Creativity Designs, Versamark Ink, Prima Flowers, Fancy Pants Fashion Sense Harvest Collection Pin, Martha Stewart Sterling Glitter, SU Black Satin Ribbon, SU Black Embossing Powder, SU Corner Round Punch, Stick Pins

18 comments:

  1. Another very attractive card ! I like the glitter used in small quantity.
    Thank you for your passages on my blog which make me big pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhh....good for you for breaking out the glitter...personally I love the stuff and it isn't uncommon for my kids or my man to mention that I have some on my face...LOL. I love your card...that seafoam green cardstock is absolutely stunning with the black and glitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love glitter! You know me I glitter lots of stuff! Especially wood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious glitter (just not when it's spilled!!).Love this card and you certainly use the Practicing Creativity background stamp so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Amy...the seafoam is fabulous. And I like glitter in small quatities. I have to be careful when I play with the stuff though because my daughter will end up wanting to play along with very messy results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! So glad you used Courtney's stamps :) Shes awesome!!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Karen! Love how you used Courtney's new set, too! Just wanted to tell you how special I think you are... you always leave the kindest comments that just make my day, and I know you do the same for others, too. You are truly talented in your art and very gifted at encouraging others. Thank you for blessing us all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glittery goodness...when it stays on the project that is! And your card is soooo worth it! Gorgeous as always. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glitz and Glam in a gorgeous way. Wooo, too much alliteration for me. I love the black ribbon; it's luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card, very chic design and colors! love those glittery pins!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Love the color combo and glitter star pin!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous. I love those colors I am going to have to try and find time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I'm digging that pattern from the dots stamp set- you are really showing off it's value! I love the glittered pin- did you get it all over you? *giggle* I think my husband has a glitter phobia- he gets very worried when I've been knee deep that I'll let him go to work with glitter all over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great job with Courtney's new stamp set! This makes such a great wedding/shower card!! Love the color combo too--so Tiffanys inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE what you created with this new set!!! Fabulous design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! You really do a great job with Courtney's sets. I hope you applied for her DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. I love the colors, really really love them :)

    ReplyDelete