Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gaga-ness

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah Roma-Roma-ma Ga-ga Ooh La-la
The crafty blogging world is tons of fun, you know? I get so much inspiration, get to know so many new people and find loads of new things to try, including music from none other than Lady Gaga. A little bit ago I noticed that the wonderfully talented Brandi (YankeeBelleStamper) mentioned in her profile the Lady herself as a music fave and I thought, hmm...maybe I should listen to some of her music, I mean, if Brandi (and my sister) likes her so should I. And trust me, her music is great, upbeat and fun. Through email correspondence we challenged to ourselves to create a card based off on of Lady Gaga's famous costumes and here are our creations. Enjoy!
Brandi found this galactical image of Lady Gaga at the 2010 Grammy's for our inspiration:

Here's my bold take:

(Supplies: Cardstock: Georgia Pacific White, SU Summer Sun, Basic Black and Silver Clear Acrylic Stamps: Look Up and You're Dandy from Practicing Creativity Designs, Thank You from Heidi Grace Ink: SU Pigment Ink in Summer Sun, Versamark Ink Embellishments: SU Black Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Silver Cord, Button Tools: SU Black Embossing Powder, CM Circle Punches, Fiskars Corner Rounder)

And here's Brandi's beautiful interpretation:

This was tons of fun! I got to know another crafter a bit better, created a bright and fun card and now I have a new soundtrack that puts me in an upbeat mood!

15 comments:

  1. Sooooo fun! Love it! Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Face, Pa-Pa-Poker Face!!!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ga..gaa..oohh..la..la...!" How cool are yours and Brandi's cards!! "Love, love , love,....." I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN FUN!! So great to get inspiration from everywhere! Do you think Lady Gaga is a paper crafter? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun is this! LOVE your takes on the inspiration photo! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh la la Fantastic. I love the bright yellow and dots. Great interpretation! Lady Gaga has some great dance beats, great for a work outs. And I like her eccentric style and personality. She's so out there that you have no idea who she really is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never even heard of Lady Gaga...tells you how out of touch I am! LOL
    But your card is fab! I adore the bubble dots with the starburst.very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love her, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FUN card! Love Lady Gaga's music---totally makes me want to dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound like a lot of FUN! Two beautiful cards from all that inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the bold look! Way to rock it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun to create a card based on a photo of Lady Gaga! She's a genius in the music industry :) Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is that! I love the bright yellow with the black! The black just makes the yellow pop, great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun thing to do! And what a great card... I love your color combo! You are a rock star with PCD stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great inspiration! You got an instant smile out of me when I saw Lady Gaga!

    ReplyDelete