Thursday, April 15, 2010

Frequent Flyer


I'll let you in on a little secret, which some of you might already know. The term "frequent flyer" floats around the ER area at our local hospital and refers to individuals that come back often to receive services. My family, unfortunately, is now part of the club. I got the dreaded call at work today stating my oldest had fallen. Ouch. Second visit to the ER this month. Ouch. One broken wrist. Ouch. My mother-in-law stating the fact that it won't get any easier with two boys. Ouch.

In light of seemingly spending more time in waiting rooms than at home, I haven't been able to finish a card I was making so I'll post one that I have laying around. Nothing too fancy, but I've got to say that the glossy accents make the apples really pop.

Supplies Used: Apple Cardstock: SU Not Quite Navy and Garden Green, Georgia Pacific White, Clear Acrylic Stamp Sets: Tree from Close To My Heart's Dream Big, Dots from Practicing Creativity Design's For the Love of Dots, Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink in Ice Jade, Tsukineko VersaMark, Ribbon: SU Satin in Real Red, Tools: Fiskar's Scallop Border Punch, Ranger Glossy Accents, Other: Red Thread, Prisma Color Pencils

Oh, must go, I hear "mama!"

12 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I hope you don't end up in the ER again anytime soon. We have been lucky so far, only 2 with the boys. Knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Boys will be boys. Right? I like how the apples pop off the card! Hope your little man gets to feeling better!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about your boy's injury. Hope he is on the mend and will get better soon!

    love the little tree image you used on your card! it really pops against the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those glossy accented apples too!
    I've got 2 boys too, but luckily haven't had any major injuries yet {crossing fingers}; however, that hasn't spared us from the ER. We were there just a few weeks ago from 1am until 7am--our oldest had pnemonia! On the mend now. Do we ever stop worrying as moms?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man Karen! Hopefully your ER quota is up for the year. Last summer I was in the 3 times in 6 weeks. And it was my daughter that was hurt the worst with 8 stitches to her arm. So boy or girl you will end up in the ER multiple times with kids.

    Love your use of the dots. And I love the added stitching. Those glossy apples look yummy and I love that dash of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... so sorry that you are having so many ER visits! That stinks!

    Love your card... love that image and don't you just love glossy accents? It really adds a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, hope that your boy is feeling better...good grief, nobody likes going to the ER.

    What a sweet card..love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OUCH for sure! You poor thing- and the poor boys!
    I like this card- very fresh-looking- and the one in the post below I ADORE!!!
    Congrats on your Moxie shout out for those chicks- I knew that was a winner!!!
    Hope you all get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great card! Wonderful colors and that bit of ribbon is the perfect touch!
    As for boys...oh no! I have twin boys who are 2 1/2...I guess I am in for it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you poor thing. Poor you and poor kiddo. Your card is so cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card. You do such pretty work! I have 2 boys 8 and 10 so I feel your pain. The ER is not my favorite place :( Now, they are into skateboarding at the skatepark...is it wrong to want to bubblewrap them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this beautiful card. The colors I use little and it may be bad!
    Good luck to your boys.

    ReplyDelete