Monday, April 12, 2010

Donut Be Sad


I never had a dollhouse growing up, and it didn't bother me one bit. Instead my sisters and I would place pillowcases on the floor and build rooms out of stuff for our Barbies. The furnishings came way of an auction, with the auctioneer being my oldest sister. By the time we had everything auctioned off and built, there was no time to actually play! Oh, good times...
The current Etsy Inspired Challenge features the shop of The Mouse Market who creates adorable little miniatures, and I was inspired by these orange colored earrings. I created a miniature card using a miniature stamp and sentiment and added a few layers and simple embellishments to finish it off. The tear is colored with blue pencil and the frosting has Glossy Accents to give it a bit of shine. The card is meant to be hand delivered or placed on someone's desk at work who might be having a rough day (or I might pin it to my own board at work!). Its so cute and tiny in real life, it makes me smile!


Supplies Used: SU Natural White and Kraft Cardstock, DSP (will update later), SU Comfort Food Stamp Set, Colorbox Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan, Glossy Accents by Ranger, Prisma Colored Pencils, Light Blue Grosgrain Ribbon from Offray, CM Square Punch, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch

8 comments:

  1. OMG Karen! My best friend and I would do the same thing! We did not have those fancy Barbie houses, so we used items from our rooms to create the most stylish pads for our Barbies. A shoe box with a washcloth over it for beds. Our jewelry boxes became their dressers. The lids of aerosol hairspray cans made great stools...etc, etc. We totally rocked! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Love the orange paper. What a nice thing to give a friend. I never was much of a Barbie person. Neither is my daughter she has a drawer full that she never plays with. She'd rather have pens, paper and scissors. Sounds like her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is fabulous! I love it! Perfect for the challenge and that image and saying... LOVE IT!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this makes me smile, too! how cute and sweet! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the orange on a "cheer up" card...this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete