Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stay True To Yourself


Stay True To Yourself. Never Give Up. I have to keep reminding myself of this simple statement (and teach my boys this as well). This particular card was created for the Moxie Fab World Color Play Challenge. Whoosh, those are some colors! I tried this design..and I tried that design...and some other designs modeled after some great crafters... The initial cards were not my design, they were not my style and I almost gave up. I had to step back and stay true to myself and then I created this card. And I love THIS card. Great things happen when I stay true to myself and not give up. I used a lot of supplies that have been sitting around my craft closet for a while, I used unfamiliar and bold colors, I used patterns, and I thank Moxie Fab for giving me the push to do so. I didn't put a sentiment on here, I thought I could maybe put that on the inside of the card depending on the reason for giving.

Supplies Used: SU Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Lavender Lace Cardstock, Gray Cardstock, SU Lavender Lace Ink, SU DSP, Making Memories Acetate Tags, Heidi Grace Chipboard, In The Loop Ribbon, SU Woodgrain Stamp, SU Slit Punch, Clear Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. Great job with the challenge Karen. Those were not the easiest colors to work with. You can always add a sentiment later. Sometimes it is good to leave it off and gather up a stash of emergency cards which are good for any occasion. Have a great weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a PRETTY card! I'd be happy to email you the template....you can email me your email address (you can find mine on my blog on the side bar).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on your card! I am loving that fabulous orange ribbon! Great job with the Moxie Fab color challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen! Thanks for entering the Jan/Feb 2010 Color Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete