Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An Unusual Pairing



Kraft, Lemon, Light Blue, Chocolate Brown and Snowflakes, oh my!? I would never had paired any of them together, much less the five of them, but that is what challenges are all about right? And I think because I was really challenged, I am really happy with the outcome of this "bitty card." I created this gift card holder for the Embellish Magazine Snowflake Color Challenge and for my mother-in-law, who, like my firstborn, has the unfortunate experience of having a birthday near Christmas. The 1/4 inch yellow polka dotted blue ribbon was hand-stitched in the middle and then pulled to create the ruffle, and secured with sticky strip. I love the texture this creates and hope to use the technique again- I think it brings a new light to otherwise unused dust collecting grosgrain ribbon. I also painted a light yellow button with a brighter lemon yellow paint and then glazed with Crystal Effects to match the colors of the challenge better.

Here's the Goods: SU Kraft Gift Card Holder, SU Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Fiskars button, Yellow Craft Paint, Crystal Effects, Grosgrain Ribbon from Joann's, Thread, SU ChitChat Rubon, Snowflakes and Brown Gem (unknown source), Sticky Strip

3 comments: