Thursday, December 10, 2009

One Acorn




The creation of a thousand forests is...one acorn

Do you know any "acorns" in your life? I can think of many in my life, two of which would be my father and my Smokey Joe. They've worked so hard to be where they are and they've accomplished so much...{they've created a thousand forests}. I admire them more than I have words to say.

I created this card for the Embellish Magazine Challenge: Embellish Leaves, Acorns, & Pine Cones Color Challenge to use the above items plus the colors of rust, brown and olive. The sentiment is computer generated and the acorn is drawn and paper pieced, then colored with Prisma for some depth, with the cap first being stamped with a woodgrain. The card base is textured and the panel beneath the acorn is stamped.

I think this would make a nice card to give to someone before a job interview, an important meeting or during a hard time in their life.

Here's the Goods: Bazill textured cardstock, Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Cream Cardstock, SU Old Olive Cardstock and Ink, Prisma Colored Pencils, Computer Generated Sentiment, SU Woodgrain Stamp, Craft Affair Owl Garden Stamp Set, SU Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the acorn! Thanks for participating in an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete